July 14, 2013


Before: My sister bought a pair of shoes that she thought fit her. She was in denial. Lucky for me though, because I got a free pair of shoes! The only problem was the elastic was slightly to big on my feet and the double crossed bands were too busy. Looking at them NOT on a foot I really like the way they look. But as soon as I put them on all the line quality disappears and looks ....awkward.

Plan: The plan is to make these shoes less busy by removing some of the bands.

Action: Because these were elastic I felt confident I could easily fix them. And it was easy! All I had to do was remove the stitching on the heal of the foot  (where all the elastic was sewn). Next, I figured out how I wanted them to overlap and what I wanted to remove. I trimmed some of the elastic off so it fit my foot better. Sewed it back up again without the second set of bands. To remove the extra bands that were glued into the shoe I heated it up with a hair dryer (to get the glue hot). Then all I had to do was pull out them out.

After: I'm excited to wear these out. This is a huge improvement. And considering I have never altered my shoes before, I'm happy with this experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment